Simple Present Worksheets PDF, When we talk about different verb tenses, we have to talk about how to form the simple present tense, as well as when we use it. Therefore, in this lesson, as in the other lessons on verb tenses, we will see its structure and use.
When do we use present simple ?
- The simple present is used to talk about things that usually happen.
- It is used to talk about generalities or scientific facts
- It is used for events scheduled in the near future.
- It is used for instructions (in imperative).
Be careful! The “simple present” is not used to talk about what is happening at this moment.
Simple Present Tense Rules
- To conjugate the present simple we use the infinitive for the subjects “I”, “you”, “we” and “they” and for the third persons “he”, “she” and “it”, we add a “-s” to the end of the verb.
- For a few verbs, the third-person singular ends with -es instead of -s. Typically, these are verbs whose root form ends in o, ch, sh, th, ss, gh, or z
- If the verb ends in Y and before the letter Y there is a consonant, we change the Y and use IES
- Modal verbs, such as can, may, might or must, never have an -s added. They stay the same.
Present Simple Structure
YOU CAN PRACTICE ON THIS THEME WITH THE EXERCISE ON THE THIRD PERSON OF THE SINGULAR.
+ How to Make the Simple Present Affimative
The formula for making a simple present verb affimative is: Subject +verb + Complement.
|You||go||to the cinema.|
|He||watches||his favorite TV program at night.|
|They||run||in the park.|
– How to Make the Simple Present Negative
The formula for making a simple present verb negative is: Subject +do/does + not + verb + complement. You can also use the contraction don’t or doesn’t instead of do not or does not.
|Subject||Do-not / Does-not||Verb||Complement|
|I||do not||eat||a pizza.|
|You||do not||go||to the cinema.|
|You||do not||travel||to Brazil.|
|They||do not||run||in the park.|
? How to Make the Simple Present Questions
The formula for making a simple present verb questions is: Do/Does + Subject + verb + complement.
|Do||You||go||to the cinema|
|Do||They||run||in the park?|
20 sentences in simple present tense
- She reads the newspaper every day.
- We come to school by bus.
- You work very hard.
- She likes to sit in the sun.
- We play in the park every day.
- He watches his son in the park.
- We always try to arrive on time.
- He always walks to school.
- She does the work of two people.
- The dog chases the cat all around the house.
- Mr. Green works with my uncle.
- They always play tennis on Sundays.
- He studies for his English class.
- We eat together every day.
- She attends church every day.
- I speak several foreign languages.
- She eats in the cafeteria every day.
- She goes there twice a week.
- He teaches mathematics.
- We go to the movies every weekend.
Present Simple Worksheet
Dowload – PDF worksheets
- Present Simple Negative Exercises
- Doesn´t and Don´t Exercises
- Questions Exercises
- Complete with Simple Present
- Simple Present Quiz